- Highest usage of trains in the world
- In 2007, the Swiss travelled on average 2,103 km (1,307 miles) by train, more than anyone else in the world. The Japanese came in second, 127 km (79 miles). The stats did not include Switzerland’s private train companies, which carry about 13% of passenger traffic.
- Highest recycling rate in the world
- The Swiss recycle 76% of all recyclable items (bottles, hars, clothes, textiles, plastic, batteries, light bulbs, paper, etc.) This exceeds the Swiss government’s 75% target.
- Most personal computers per capita in the world
- In 2005, there were 865 PCs/1M people (reference)
- See this page for some Swiss oddities (most are true)